Auction Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Lando Auctions or LA refer, for all purposes relating to this auction, to Lando Auctions, a division of Lando Group Inc., Alberta Auction License No. 312001.
Lot - Any items delivered by the Consignor to LA to be placed in the auction sale held by LA, specifically those items described by Lot number in the LA catalogue for the auction sale.
Reserve - The confidential minimum price established between LA and the Consignor.
Knocked Down - The conclusion of the auction sale of the Lot being auctioned by the Auctioneer.
Hammer Price - The price at which the Auctioneer Knocked Down the Lot to the Purchaser.
Bidding - If your bid is successful at the auction, your bidder number will be called out by the Auctioneer.
Purchaser - The person, corporation or other entity or such entity's agent, who bids successfully on the Lot at the auction.
Purchase Price - The Hammer Price plus any Buyer’s Premium and applicable GST/HST chargeable and expenses, including any charges and expenses due from a defaulting Purchaser, as set out in this Agreement.
Buyer's Premium Rate -The LA rate of Buyer’s Premium is 18% (15% for Cash, certifiable Cheque, Interac Debit or Interac e-Transfer) of the Hammer Price of each Lot.
Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax - GST/HST, levied pursuant to the Excise Tax Act, RSC. 1985, and the regulations thereunder, as amended from time to time. Applicable GST/HST is payable on all LA transactions.
1. Lando Auctions - Lando Auctions acts solely as agent for the Consignor, except as otherwise provided herein.
2. The Purchaser - Unless otherwise announced by the Auctioneer, all bids are per Lot as numbered in the catalogue. The highest bidder (all bidding methods) acknowledged by the Auctioneer will be the Purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on our part as to the validity of any bid, the Auctioneer will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the Lot in dispute. If any dispute arises after the auction sale, LA’s Sales Record is final. The Auctioneer shall have the right to regulate and control the bidding and to advance the bids in whatever intervals she considers appropriate for the Lot in question. The Purchaser acknowledges that invoices generated during the auction sale or shortly after may not be error free, and therefore, are subject to review. Every bidder shall register for the auction and provide appropriate identification to LA. Successful bidders must show their bidder number at time of payment.
3. Buyer's Premium - The Purchaser shall pay LA the Buyer’s Premium of 18% (15% for Cash, certifiable Cheque, Interac Debit or Interac e-Transfer) of the Hammer Price of each Lot together with applicable GST/HST.
4. Payment of the Purchase Price - The Purchaser shall pay LA the Purchase Price in full no later than two days after the auction sale. Payment shall be made by Cash, certifiable Cheque, Interac Debit or Interac e-Transfer, Visa, Mastercard and American Express unless otherwise arranged in advance with the Auctioneer. Subject to the provisions of this Agreement, the title to a Lot shall not pass to the Purchaser until they have paid the Purchase Price in full to LA.
5. Description of Lot - All representations or statements made by LA, in the catalogue or other publication or report, as to the authorship, origin, date, age, size, medium, attribution, genuineness, provenance, condition or estimated selling price of the Lot, is a statement of opinion only. The Purchaser agrees that LA shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in the catalogue or any supplementary material produced by LA. All photographic representations and other images presented are solely for guidance and are not to be relied upon in terms of tone or colour or necessarily to reveal any imperfections in the Lot. Many Lots are of an age or nature which precludes their being in pristine condition. Some descriptions in the catalogue or given by way of condition report make reference to damage and/or restoration. Such information is given for guidance only and the absence of such a reference does not imply that a Lot is free from defects, nor does any reference to particular defects imply the absence of others. Although LA takes great care and diligence in cataloging of Lots offered for auction all Lots are sold “as is, where is” and LA makes no warranties or representations as to the correctness of the catalogue entry or other descriptions contained therein, of the physical condition, size, authenticity or quality. Prospective bidders should inspect the Lot before bidding to determine the condition, size and whether the purchaser acquires any reproductive rights in the Lot. The Purchaser must satisfy himself as to the matters referred to in this paragraph by inspection or otherwise prior to the sale of the Lot.
6. Purchased Lot - Prior to any Lot being removed from the premises of LA the successful Bidder shall pay LA the full Purchase Price. The Purchaser shall collect the Lot from LA within two (2) days from the date of the auction sale, after which date the Purchaser shall be responsible for all storage charges until the date the Lot is removed from LA. All assistance handling purchased Lots by LA, or the employees of, is undertaken solely as a service to the Purchaser and will only be undertaken at the discretion of LA and at the Purchaser’s risk. All currency figures are in Canadian dollars.
7. Risk - The purchased Lot shall be at the Purchaser’s risk in all respects from the time of payment or on completion of the auction sale, whichever is earlier. Neither LA nor its employees nor its agents shall be liable for any loss or damage of any kind to the purchased Lot, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, while any Lot is in or under the respective custody or control of LA.
8. Nonpayment of Lot(s) - If the Purchaser fails to pay for any Lot within two (2) days from the date of the auction sale, LA may in its absolute discretion be entitled to one or more of the following remedies without providing further notice to the Purchaser and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that LA may have: 1.) Issue judicial proceedings against the Purchaser for damages for breach of contract together with the costs of such proceedings on a full indemnity basis; 2.) Resell any of the Lots affected and in such case the original Purchaser shall be responsible to LA for any deficiency in price between the resale amount and the amount to have been paid by the original Purchaser; 3.) Any reasonable charge by LA for the storage of such articles until payment and removal by the subsequent Purchaser; and, 4.) The amount of commission which LA would have earned had payment been made in full by the original Purchaser.
9. Storage - All Lots, unless already agreed by LA, must be removed from our premises by the Purchaser at their expense no later than two (2) days following the date of the auction sale and if not removed, a storage charge of $25 per Lot, per day, until removal of the Lot will be payable at the time of removal to LA by the Purchaser. If after thirty (30) days no arrangements with LA have been made by the Purchaser the Lots will be considered abandoned and may be sold as determined solely by LA in order to settle outstanding charges.
10. Attendance by Purchaser - Prospective Purchasers are strongly advised to inspect the Lots before the auction sale and to satisfy themselves as to the description, attribution and condition of each Lot. To this end LA will arrange suitable viewing conditions during the Preview prior to the auction sale itself, or by appointment. Prospective Purchasers are also advised to attend the auction sale in person however, if the prospective Purchaser is unable to attend, LA will facilitate online bidding via http://landoauctions.hibid.com or will execute bids on their behalf provided that notice of such bids are set out on the proper Absentee Bidding/Telephone Bidding Form provided by LA. LA intends this as a service, free of charge, to prospective Purchasers but accepts no responsibility whatsoever, or liability, in the making of any such bid by its employees or agents. In the event that LA has received more than one Absentee Bidding/Telephone Bidding Form on a Lot for an identical amount and at auction those absentee bids are the highest bids for that Lot, the Lot shall be Knocked Down to the bidder whose Absentee Bidding/Telephone Bidding Form was received first.
11. Export Permits - Without limitation the Purchaser understands that any Lot purchased may be affected by the provisions of the Canadian Cultural Property Export and Import Act.
12. Removal of Purchased Lots - It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to make all arrangements for insuring, packing and removing Lots purchased and any assistance by LA or the employees of, agents or contractors shall be rendered as a courtesy and without liability to them. LA shall not be liable for any damage to glass or frames of the Lot and shall not be liable for any errors or omissions or damage caused by packers and shippers, notwithstanding the fact that LA may have recommended such packers or shippers to the Purchaser. All packing, handling and shipping charges will be at the Purchaser's expense.
1. LA has the right to withdraw any Lot before the moment of sale..
2. The Auctioneer has the right to refuse admission to the auction or refuse to recognize any or all bids from a particular person or persons at any auction..
3. LA has the right as its absolute discretion to refuse any bid, to advance the bidding as it may decide, to withdraw or divide any Lot, to combine any two or more Lots and, in the case of dispute, to put up any Lot for auction again..
4. Persons attending the preview, auction sale or during removal of goods, assume all risks to person and property and specifically release LA from liability. LA shall not be held liable by reason of any defect in, or condition of the premises on which the auction sale is being held..
5. Any indemnity here under shall extend to all actions, proceedings, costs, claims and demands whatsoever incurred or suffered by the person for whose benefit the indemnity is given; and LA shall hold any indemnity on trust for its employees and agents where it is expressed to be for their benefit.
6. The copyright for all images and written matter relating to the Lots shall be and will remain at all times the absolute property of LA and shall not, without the prior written consent of LA, be used by any other person..
7. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Alberta Law and the Federal Laws of Canada applicable therein and all parties concerned hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Alberta Courts.
Sebae Data Solutions, Inc.
SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Sebae Data Solutions, (the makers of Auction Flex & HiBid (formerly Bidopia) hereafter referred to as "Sebae"), provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms & Conditions ("TAC"), which we may update from time to time without notice to you. The most current version of the TAC can be found found at any time by visiting the link: http://www.auctionflex.com/showtandc.ap
USE AND REGISTRATION
Our services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended members. If you are under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use our service. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to the TAC.
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Bidder Information") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Sebae has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Sebae has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
DESCRIPTIONS OF SERVICE
Sebae provides the following services under the Auction Flex & HiBid trademarks: Integrated Web Service (for auctioneers), internet bidding (absentee, online-only, & webcast). You can learn more about these services in the following sections.
HIBID INTERNET AUCTION PLATFORM & WEB SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Sebae provides the HiBid (formerly Bidopia) Internet Auction Platform & Web Service ("HWS") under the HiBid trademark as a software solution for auctioneers wishing to extend the audience of their live auctions to the internet. The HWS provides various features including internet absentee bidding, internet-only auctions, and webcast auctions.
The HWS is able to changes its appearance to coincide with the website that it is powering. Accordingly, the HWS powers the www.hibid.com website as well as numerous Auction Flex customer websites. This ability to change appearance is a feature of the HWS. Much like internet merchant account providers can host a secure web page for a vendor to easily process payments, the HWS hosts certain portions of the auctioneer's website to easily enable advanced features such as internet bidding.
INTERNET ABSENTEE BIDDING
Internet absentee bidding allows you to place a bid for an item in advance of an auction. This allows you to place bids on lots without actually attending the auction.
Internet only bidding allows you to place a bid for an item prior to the auction lot closing online. In an internet-only auction there is no live auction.
Webcast auctions allow you to bid in real-time against other bidders or place pre-bids prior to a lot going "live".
Lots are sold in accordance with the Auctioneer's terms and conditions which are accessible from each lot's page. It is your responsibility to read and accept the Auctioneer's terms and conditions prior to placing your bid.
When you place a bid you are agreeing to be bound by the Auctioneer's & Sebae's terms and conditions. By placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract. Please keep in mind that you are bidding against other internet bidders as well as floor bidders, phone bidders, and regular absentee bidders (this list does not constitute a complete list of bidder types but does highlight the common bidder channels).
The auctioneer, at their discretion, can approve or deny bidders. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or deny bidders for any reason. Prior to approval the auctioneer may contact you to determine your credit worthiness. If the auctioneer approves your bid, the auctioneer will then process your bid in accordance with their terms and conditions.
Should your bid for a lot prove successful, the auctioneer may contact you to arrange for payment & shipping (if applicable). If the auctioneer required registration via a credit card, the auctioneer reserves the right to process your winning bids to the credit card provided during registration.
Sebae, through the Auction Flex & HiBid products & services, facilitates the internet bidding process between the Auctioneer & the bidder. Sebae is in no way a party to the transaction. Because Sebae is not a party to the transaction, you accept that you will have no claim or cause of action against Sebae in respect of the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot. If you have a dispute with an Auctioneer or another user of the Service with regard to the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot you agree that Sebae, its officers, agents, employees will not be liable for losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, special loss, indirect loss and consequential los), costs, damages, liabilities, claims, demands and expenses of any kind arising out of or connected with such dispute. You also accept that none of the aforementioned are under any obligation to take any action to resolve any dispute between you and an Auctioneer
Sebae is not responsible for any typographical, pictorial or technical errors in information about Lots on the Site as provided by Auctioneers. Sebae does not evaluate Lots and does not act as a specialist or expert on any related subject matter. Sebae makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to Lots (including but not limited to representations or warranties as to the accuracy of description, genuineness, quality, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or safety). If you have any questions, e-mail the Auctioneer directly. In particular, make sure that you understand the Auctioneer's payment terms and shipping terms.
The Service requires you to login with your username and password prior to placing a bid on a Lot. Making bids with false information or with stolen credit card information is prohibited and illegal.
Your user name and password are required in order to place internet bids. Making bids in a false name or with an invalid or stolen credit card is prohibited. Each bid carries the computer coding of the Internet provider which allows the individual user to be traced and Sebae may at its discretion release this information to enable legal action to be taken. Sebae may, in its entire discretion, refuse or remove bids where it suspects that bids contravene this prohibition. By placing a bid, you are making a binding and irrevocable offer to purchase the Item at any price up to the maximum bid amount you submit. If you win, you must complete the transaction, subject to any contractual right or other right at law to rescind the contract in certain circumstances. Failure to complete transaction without lawful reason is not only a breach of your contract with the Seller but also a breach of this User Agreement.
The amount bid can be increased but cannot be decreased. The auctioneer may, at their discretion, allow you to withdraw and resubmit a bid in the case of bids containing an obvious typographical error. You may forward a request to withdraw a bid and resubmit a correct bid by immediately sending an email to the auctioneer, however, there is no guarantee that any bid will be withdrawn. Although Sebae will use best efforts to forward all bids, Sebae does not accept any responsibility for lost bids or problems with the recipient auctioneer's ability to process your bid. Moreover, Sebae cannot guarantee that bids received will be processed by the individual auctioneers.
Please note that Sebae's role is limited to the provision of the Site for dissemination and publication of information provided by the Sellers.
THE WINNING BID
The winning bid in an auction will be the highest bid that exceeds any reserve (if a reserve exists). In the case of equal bids, the earliest bid received will be the winning bid. If a higher bid is subsequently withdrawn or removed then the auctioneer shall have the right to accept the next highest bid.
NOTICE OF END OF SALE, PAYMENT & SHIPPING
After the sale has ended, the auctioneer will notify the winning bidder via phone, fax or mail that they have won. If you do not receive notice that you have made the winning bid and think that you are the top bidder, you should check with the auctioneer directly. You will make all payment for Items to the auctioneer in accordance with their terms and conditions.
BUYER'S PREMIUM, TAXES AND DUTIES
If you are a successful bidder, you are responsible for paying any buyer's premium, taxes and duties (including any VAT, sales tax and import duties) that may be imposed on the final price paid for an Item. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to check the applicable taxes and duties that may be imposed on an Item prior to bidding for it.
All material and content as provided by the Service is protected by copyright and similar rights. You can not use or make available any of that material for any commercial purpose.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
a. Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Sebae expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
b. Sebae makes no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
c. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
d. no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Sebae or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly state in the TAC.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that Sebae shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Sebae has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of of the previous two sections titled 'Disclaimer of Warranties' and 'Limitation of Liability' may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Sebae harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your bidding on, listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items.
The TAC constitute the entire agreement between you and Sebae and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Sebae. The TAC and the relationship between you and Sebae shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Sebae agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Marion, Florida. The failure of Sebae to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TAC shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TAC is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TAC remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TAC must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.